RocRoi organizes a course in sailing technician and navigation registry for teens in collaboration with the SOC

RocRoi organizes a course in Sailing Technician level I and Basic Navigation Register at the national level for young people under 30 years of age with the collaboration of the IMET and the Employment Service of Catalonia, which subsidizes the course.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-04 at 19.30.27

This course will allow young people to combine their current job (student, part-time worker) with the course that will allow them to have another job opportunity on their curriculum.

The course is taught every day from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. from November 2, 2020 to July 15, 2021. The title that students will obtain is the Title in Sailing Technique level I and Basic navigation register at the national that will allow them to work as instructors of sailing, kayaking, surfing, paddle surfing, snorkeling, etc.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 07.49.01

Our guides teach you to navigate with different types of boats, direct the sails, how to position yourself at all times, where to carry your body weight, how to capsize and re-control the boat. Àngel Panicello, one of our instructors who teach the course, works and puts his commitment to the safety of navigation above all else.

The techniques that our guides teach you can be classified as follows:

– Learning monohull sailing, catamaran, windsurfing and nautical activities (kayaking, paddle surfing, body boarding, surfing, snorkeling, beach games, maintenance and repair)

– Basic English to nautical activities

– Safety (Initial risk assessment, Safety plan, Practical risk prevention and rescue exercises)

– Deal with the client (group activities, leisure, training, tourist client assistance, guide, innovations)

– Complementary Training (Environmental Awareness, and gender equality)

– Sports technician in sailing fixed and free apparatus (Technical training, Safety, Methodology)

– Common block of sports education (Bases of sports behavior, first aid, adapted physical activities and disability, sports organization)

– Practices in each of the sports


The guides, like Àngel, have degrees in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, Level I and II Canoeing Technician and Level III Sailing Technician. In addition to extensive experience in adventure activities and nautical leisure for years in RocRoi and in other companies.

The boats that usually sail during the course are Topaz, Taz and Ludic sailboats; catamarans and windsurfing. The capacity of the largest boat used for the course is eight students who take turns practicing.

In this edition, 80% of the students are boys and the remaining 20% are girls between 16 and 29 years of age, such as Marc, Cris, Dani, Grace, etc.

Training is the key to a future generation of improved instructors

At RocRoi we care about the training of future instructors in our sector. That is why we organize courses throughout the year to transmit the knowledge of our guides and instructors to future instructors of sailing, kayaking, catamaran, etc.

Thanks to the extensive experience of RocRoi and its guides, we are able to manage courses to obtain degrees at the national level and which, in addition, will allow many young people to enter a new job market and open new job opportunities for all of them.

One of the courses that we also carry out is the river instructor course at our Llavorsí center.

If you want to know more about the courses we teach at RocRoi, call us at +34 973 62 20 35 or write to